To link two tickets together, you’ll need to start by opening the ticket you want to be the child.
- Expand the right navigation, if collapsed
- Click the Actions tab (gear icon)
- Click Link Ticket
- In the Link Ticket window, select the option you want. In this example we’ll choose “Link this ticket to an existing ticket.”
- Select the link type you want.
- In the Link to Ticket field, type part of the number or title of the ticket that will become the master.
- Click on ticket name and then on Create.
If you go back to the master ticket you created, you’ll now see a Master badge next to the status badge.
On the linked ticket you originally selected, you’ll see a Linked badge.
How to Unlink Tickets
To remove a link between tickets:
- Open up either of the linked tickets
- In the right navigation, click the Actions tab
- Select “Link Ticket”
- Click the red X in the window that appears
- Click Cancel