How to Create an Issue Type
- Click the gear icon in the left-hand navigation
- Scroll to Tickets and select Issue Types.
Click the name of the default Incident issue type to edit, otherwise click Add New.
- For now, skip the Parent field
- Create a title for your Issue Type
- Enter a description of your Issue Type, if desired
- Click Save.
Because we didn’t make a selection in the Parent field earlier, our Outage Issue Type can act as a parent to child objects you create. These child objects are known as Sub-Issues.
Labeling a ticket as simply an “incident” or “outage” doesn’t provide very much detail about the issue being reported. By creating sub-issue types, you can more accurately categorize issues.
How to create a Sub-Issue Type
- Browse to your list of Issue Types
- Click on the desired Issue Type
- In the Sub-Issue Type window (to the right of the Issue Type window) click Add New
- Enter a title and optional description
- Click Save
When this is done, you’ll see your new Sub-Issue listed among any others you’ve created.
As the blue field denotes, you can click on the hamburger icon (the three parallel lines) and drag each sub-issue to reorder them.